My name is Kyle. Sometimes I make comics.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Parent Holidays

Mothers are so silly!  Wait... it's Father's Day?

Did you know that there is a National Grandparents Day?  There is!  It is celebrated in the UK on the first Sunday after Labor Day.  Along with Father's Day and Mothers Day, Grandparents Day seems a bit... redundant seeing how grandparents are in fact mothers or fathers.  "Three days a year I get celebrated?  Lucky me! Hoora- Oh dear my dentures fell out."  According to the official National Grandparents Day website, the holiday's main reason "was to champion the cause of lonely elderly in nursing homes."  If this is the reason, why don't they just call the holiday, "Go pay a visit to your friendly neighborhood nursing home that you normally wouldn't go to because it smells weird" Day?  A holiday like that would need to be on this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment