My name is Kyle. Sometimes I make comics.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Viruses!?

I am aware that I missed posting yesterday.  My excuse?  Viruses.  I picked up several viruses yesterday, but I'm not exactly sure how.  They bypassed my virus protection and imitated new virus protection programs that insisted that all of my other programs were infected.  Not only did they disable me from opening up my original virus protection programs, they wouldn't allow me to open up a task manager (ctrl+alt+del) to end their processes.  I had to unplug my computer completely and restart it in safe mode and then do a system restore.  The fake virus protection programs are gone, but I still end up with strange (and occasionally obscene) websites opening up in new tabs of my browser.  I still need to try and get rid of the straggler viruses and further protect my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment